Friday, June 10, 2011

I used to be an avid runner until I became an avid yogini.  Once I started my teacher training, my running took a backseat and I lost knowing how to balance these two loves that I have.  One day this week I laced up my sneakers and went for an early morning run like old times. Also this week, I was looking through my phone and found an old notes section where some time ago I jotted down a list of why I love to run.  At the time I did it "just because" not knowing the significance it would have for me later on.  I made a promise to myself that even if I didn't get out as much as I used to, I'd get out more than I currently do.  Balance.  Here's my list...

Why I love to run:

It gives me peace
It restores my spirit
I feel strong
To set a goal
To show my kids it's not about winning
I love my running friends
I feel invincible running in the blistering cold or in the rain (and I giggle at the crazy looks I get)
To see the sunrise
To see the sunset
To smell a neighbor's BBQ
A reason to splash in a puddle
To day dream
To escape
To reconnect
To feel the sunshine
To sight see on trips
To relish the early morning beauty
To teach my kids to be strong and fit
To eat loads of chocolate
Because I can today and may not be able to tomorrow
An excuse to run through a sprinkler or jump in a puddle
Running skirts!!!!! 
Skinny jeans!!!
To listen to my breath, breath is strength.

What do you love to do?  What did you love to do that you now feel disconnected from? 

No comments:

Post a Comment